Position: EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR
Qualifications: Experience in teaching and administration totaling at least 10 years.
A master's degree with a major in educational administration
A valid district-level certificate issued by the Kansas Board of Education.
Other alternatives as the Board may find appropriate
Reports To: Board of Directors of Smoky Hill ESC
Supervises: All Smoky Hill ESC staff
Job Goal: To provide quality leadership, services, and support in response to identified and anticipated needs of participating districts.
Duties: The Executive Director must...
Part 1 - Organizational Relationship
1. Understand and interpret to others the relationship of the Board and Superintendents' Advisory Council.
2. Work to facilitate positive communication between the two groups.
3. Prepare and submit to the Board recommendations with supportive data on items requiring board action.
4. Perform such functions as may be assigned by the Board and in the absence of specific rules or policies shall assume appropriate authority which may be later reported to the Board.
5. Keep the Superintendents' Advisory Council informed on issues, needs and operations of Smoky Hill ESC.
6. Prepare, present, and recommend items to the Superintendents' Advisory Council for ongoing administrations and function of Smoky Hill ESC.
7. Develop and conduct an effective communication and public relations program for ESC.
8. Represent Smoky Hill ESC effectively with other organizations and regulatory agencies.
9. Seek appropriate input from teachers and administrators concerning programs and directions for professional development.
10. Develop and carry out Board policies and keep the Board continually informed on the progress and condition of Smoky Hill ESC programs.
Part 2 - Major Duties and Responsibilities
11. Establish procedures which will ensure an effective and efficient administration of all fiscal matters of Smoky Hill ESC.
12. Prepare budget recommendations to reflect immediate and long-range needs of the inter local.
13. Prepare reports concerning fiscal matters on a timely basis.
14. Create a climate which encourages a positive working relationship among members of the Smoky Hill ESC staff.
15. Assume responsibility for recruitment, selection, supervision, and evaluation of all staff using sound personnel practices and procedures.
16. Respond to priorities for Smoky Hill ESC and allocate financial, material, and staff resources to meet these priorities and delegate tasks to staff as needs indicate.
17. Assume responsibility for all expenditures and revenue for Smoky Hill ESC.
18. Assist all committees of the Board or Council in performance of their responsibilities as may be required.
19. Oversee and supervise ongoing operations of all existing programs.
20. Conduct an ongoing evaluation/ assessment of needs and services to member districts.
21. Seek outside revenue sources in an effective manner (grants, special funding, support services to districts)
Part 3- Professional and Personal Characteristics
22. Show enthusiasm and initiative in the performance of administrative responsibilities.
23. Deal with difficult and unpleasant situations with courage, objectivity, and candor.
24. Demonstrate an ability to provide leadership and shoulder responsibility.
25. Demonstrate good organizational skills.
26. Be highly motivated, a self starter, and expend the effort necessary to carry out the responsibilities of the position.
27. Have flexibility, self-confidence, creativity, a sense of humor, and patience.
28. Demonstrate the ability to make decisions promptly in accordance with basic goals of the organization.
29. Carry out other duties as assigned by the Board of Directors.
Terms of Employment: Twelve month contract.
Evaluation: Performance of this job will be evaluated in accordance with provisions set forth in Kansas State Statutes.
Reviewed and agreed to by: