Position: Educational Leader
Location: New Haven, CT
HIGHVILLE CHARTER SCHOOL & CHANGE ACADEMY
Highville School District currently includes Highville Charter School (Grades PK-8) and Highville Change Academy (Grades 9-12). Highville has enrolled 502 students in Pre-Kindergarten through Grade 12 for the 2016-17 School Year. This leadership position will report directly to the Executive Director who oversees the non-profit organization and the two schools. Highville is a non-profit, State of Connecticut independent charter school that is located in New Haven, CT and serves students and families in the Greater New Haven area as well as students from communities as far away as Bridgeport, Meriden and Middletown.
ANNOUNCEMENT OF VACANCY
The Highville Board of Directors and the Executive Director seek an energetic, dynamic, inspirational student centered educational leader who is committed to long term growth and who will continue to develop academic excellence. The successful candidate will possess a high level of instructional expertise with the skills and ambition to lead a motivated staff and community to make a lasting difference in the lives of students. All candidates must possess or meet Connecticut certification requirements as a school administrator. This is a full-time position that is effective July 1, 2017.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES OF THE EXECUTIVE PRINCIPAL INCLUDE:
- Serve as the Instructional Leader; Lead, supervise, and develop a high-functioning team of educators and tutors who are focused on using data to improve academic performance
- Support the implementation of rigorous, standards-based instruction with measurable outcomes, supervise instructional methods, evaluate lesson plans, and coach teachers to ensure academic achievement
- Ensure effective collection and analysis of student performance data to identify struggling students, curriculum shortfalls, and teacher quality issues
- Ensure a safe and nurturing environment that aligns clear expectations with best practices for managing student behavior
- Develop and implement a professional development plan to address whole school staff professional needs and required professional training during summer and weekly professional development time
- Implement a neighborhood-centered approach to community engagement by engaging parents and community members regularly using best practices
- Cultivate and maintain meaningful partnerships with families of diverse backgrounds and with community members that support student achievement and success
Cooperative Educational Services (C.E.S.) Executive Searches will facilitate the search on behalf of the Board of Education.
Please view the attached brochure for more information or learn more at: http://www.ces.k12.ct.us/uploaded/Highville_Search.pdf
The Highville Board of Directors expect to offer the successful candidate an employment contract compensation package commensurate with the new Principal’s qualifications, credentials, and experience.
Completed application packets are due via email to Cooperative Educational Services by April 20, 2017 at 2pm. Application packets MUST be submitted as ONE electronic PDF file and emailed to mailto: ExecutiveSearches@ces.k12.ct.us. Applications will be reviewed upon receipt so that initial screening interviews may be conducted prior to the application deadline.
COMPLETED APPLICATIONS ARE COMPRISED OF THE FOLLOWING:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the position of Highville Charter School & Change Academy Principal
- Copy of updated, complete resume which includes a chronology of work history and educational background and a preferred email address and phone contact
- Copy of Connecticut 092 certification or evidence of eligibility
- Copies of transcripts for all degrees held from all granting colleges/universities
- (Finalist candidates will be required to supply official transcripts.)
- Three signed letters of reference from current or former employers and professional contacts
(Please limit reference letters to three letters written within the past two years.)
All inquiries related to the open position should be directed to:
Dr. Evan Pitkoff