Position: Superintendent of Schools
Location: Schodack Central School District, Castleton-on-Hudson, NY
December 28, 2016
Schodack Central School District is seeking an innovative, community-minded and student-focused educational leader to become superintendent of one of the top small school districts in New York's Capital Region. Ranked in the top 20 regionally by The Business Review for five straight years, Schodack CSD offers a strong and diverse academic program that is competitive with much larger school districts. The rural public school district educates approximately 900 students in Rensselaer County, approximately 10 miles southeast of Albany, New York.
The Schodack CSD Board of Education seeks an experienced leader and a certified New York State school district administrator who must:
- be student-oriented and enjoy visiting classrooms to observe first-hand how students are learning;
- engage not only staff and students but all community stakeholders in an approachable manner to create a student-centered, developmentally supportive and academically rich environment;
- embrace creative teaching methods, particularly in areas of technology that engage students;
- possess outstanding communication skills and an ability to articulate an educational vision and the district's goals and mission;
- provide inspirational and ethical leadership and attract and retain a strong and committed teaching staff and administrative team;
- understand the financial challenges of a small school district and work closely with the district's business official to advance innovative ways to create and expand opportunities for students.
Please send a letter of interest, completed application and current resume, placement folder and academic transcripts, and copies of administrative certification(s) to Questar III District Superintendent Dr. Gladys I. Cruz at REmanatian@questar.org.
The application and brochure are available on the school district’s website at http://www.schodack.k12.ny.us/superintendentsearch/
The deadline for applications is December 28, 2016.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.