Position: Superintendent of Schools
Location: Connecticut Regional School District - 8
Application deadline: February 2, 2017
Connecticut Regional School District 8 – serving the towns of Hebron, Andover, and Marlborough - seeks an outstanding educational leader for the position of Superintendent of Schools and invites qualified and interested candidates to apply. Cooperative Educational Services Executive Searches will facilitate the search on behalf of the Board of Education. The Search Committee expects the new superintendent to assume responsibility of the office by July 1, 2017.
The successful candidate will lead a school district of approximately 1,500 students and 250 certified and non-certified employees. Region 8 encompasses two excellent schools – RHAM Middle School and RHAM High School – and the district seeks a candidate who will uphold a high standard of academic, athletic, and extracurricular success. Among other requirements, the new superintendent will be expected to demonstrate effective leadership, work cooperatively with the Board of Education, communicate fluently with all stakeholders, collect and use data to inform decisions and policy, and execute best educational practices.
View the full list of position requirements . Information on Region 8, including academic success, budget information, and staffing profiles, is available at http://www.ces.k12.ct.us/uploaded/Region_8_Infosheet.pdf.
Completed application packets are due via email to Cooperative Educational Services by:
Thursday, Feb. 2, at 2 p.m.
Application packets must be submitted as one electronic PDF file and emailed to ExecutiveSearches@ces.k12.ct.us.
Completed application packets are comprised of the following:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the Regional School District 8 superintendency
- Copy of updated, complete resume which includes a chronology of work history and educational background and a preferred email address and phone contact
- Copies of transcripts for all degrees held from all granting colleges/universities (Finalist candidates will be required to supply official transcripts)
- Copy of Connecticut 093 certification or evidence of eligibility
- Three signed letters of reference from current or former employers and professional contacts (Please limit reference letters to three letters written within the past two years)
All inquiries related to the open position should be directed to:
Dr. H. Kaye Griffin