Position: Superintendent of Schools
Location: Seymour Public Schools (CT)
Application Deadline: March 23, 2017
The Seymour Board of Education seeks an outstanding educational leader for the position of Superintendent of Schools and invites qualified and interested candidates to apply. Cooperative Educational Services Executive Searches will facilitate the search on behalf of the Board of Education. The Search Committee expects the new superintendent to assume responsibility of the once during the 2017-18 school year.
The successful candidate will lead a district of about 2,000 students. Among other responsibilities and expectations, candidates must be able to create and sustain positive learning environments, possess excellent communication skills and use them to maintain a climate of trust within the community, implement strategic planning, and be willing to make difficult decisions. A full list of qualifications can be found on the flyer or online at www.ces.k12.ct.us/executivesearches.
Completed applications are comprised of the following:
- Cover letter outlining qualifications and interest in the Seymour superintendency
- Copy of updated, complete resume which includes a chronology of work history and educational background and
- Preferred email address and phone contact.
- Copy of Connecticut 093 certification or evidence of eligibility.
- Copies of transcripts for all degrees held from all granting colleges/universities (Finalist candidates will be required to supply official transcripts.)
- Three signed letters of reference from current or former employers and professional contacts.
(Please limit reference letters to three letters written within the past two years.)
Completed application packets are due via email to Cooperative Educational Services by March 23, 2017 at 2 p.m. Application packets MUST be submitted as ONE electronic PDF file and emailed to ExecutiveSearches@ces.k12.ct.us
All inquiries related to the open position should be directed to:
Dr. James Ritchie